- Resource Center
- Company Blog
Myths About Starting a Business
I’ve written before about the myth of business failure rates. But this list of myths from Dumb Little Man is valuable as well:
- Risk is always bad.
- If the majority of your peers call the idea silly, it probably is.
- You should liquidate all of your possessions to start a business because you believe in it so strongly.
- You have to spend money to make money (this one is borderline, but a lot can be earned by charging people for your knowledge on something).
- Anyone that has tried and failed automatically must be trusted because “they’ve done it”.
- Your lack of a college degree will ensure your business fails.
- Your friends’ constructive criticism is never out of jealousy.
- Your family & friends will always understand the time commitment, even when no money is coming in.