How to Incorporate in Pennsylvania
We can incorporate your company in any State for much less than an attorney and less than our competitors. Since 2001, weve formed thousands of corporations and LLCs for our clients.
5 Steps to Incorporate or Form an LLC in Pennsylvania
1. Make sure your company name choice is available.
Your company name must include the correct corporate or LLC identifier:
Corporations: "Corporation", "Incorporated" or an abbreviation.
LLCs: "Limited Liability Company" or an abbreviation.
Name Restrictions: Contains the words "bank," "banking," "banker" or "trust" or the plural of these words. The name of a business corporation may not imply that the corporation is a bank, bank and trust company, savings bank, private bank or trust company. name may not contain words that constitute blasphemy, profane cursing or swearing or that profane the Lord?s name. the name of a business corporation may not imply that the corporation is an insurance company nor contain the words "annuity," "assurance," "beneficial," "bond," "casualty," "endowment," "fidelity," "fraternal," "guaranty," "indemnity," "insurance," "insurer," "reassurance," "reinsurance," "surety" or "title". a corporate name may not contain the words "architect" or "architecture" or another word implying a form of the practice of architecture as defined in the Architects Licensure Law (63 P. S. § § 34.1-34.22), unless at least one of the incorporators of a proposed corporation or one of the directors of the existing corporation has been properly registered with the Architects Licensure Board. name may not contain the words "engineer" or "engineering" or "surveyor" or "surveying" or another word implying a form of the practice of engineering or surveying as defined in the Professional Engineers Registration Law (63 P. S. § § 148-158), unless at least one of the incorporators of a proposed corporation or one of the directors of the existing corporation or one of the parties to the registration has been properly registered with the State Registration Board for Professional Engineers. prohibits the use by a corporation of the names "pharmacist," "druggist" or "apothecary" unless licensed as a pharmacist in this Commonwealth, or the conduct or transaction of business under a name which contains as part thereof any of the words "drug store," "pharmacy," "drugs," "medicine store," "medicines," "drug shop," "apothecary," "pharmaceutical," "homeopathic," "homeopathy" or a term having a similar meaning unless issued a permit by the State Board of Pharmacy.
2. File the correct paperwork with the States filing office.
For Corporations you must file "Articles of Incorporation", for LLCs you must file "Articles of Organization".
3. Hold the "Organizational Meeting" and adopt the companys Bylaws (Corporations) or Operating Agreement (LLCs).
4. Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your company and open a company bank account.
5. Get a local business license from the city (or county) where you will be doing business.
- Checking your company name for availability.
- Preparing and filing the formation paperwork with the appropriate State filing office.
- Preparing your "Organizational Meeting minutes" and Bylaws or Operating Agreement "ready for signature" with step-by-step instructions.
- We can help you obtain your FEIN by preparing the appropriate form (allowing your to obtain your FEIN instantly over the phone once your filing is complete).
- A Startup Checklist for Pennsylvania that includes the remaining steps to properly setup your company with links to all the government agencies in your State. (NOTE: Click here for our basic startup checklist for any State.)
- Our partner, Business Licenses, LLC can assist you with finding, filling and submitting the necessary forms to get your local business license online. Click here to submit your business license online (after youve completed steps 1-4 above).
In Pennsylvania, you can authorize an unlimited number of shares of No Par Value stock.
Corps have a decennial report. Annual report is not required for LLCs.
Annual Report Fee: Corporations $70.00