How to Incorporate in Oregon
We can incorporate your company in any State for much less than an attorney and less than our competitors. Since 2001, weve formed thousands of corporations and LLCs for our clients.
5 Steps to Incorporate or Form an LLC in Oregon
1. Make sure your company name choice is available.
Your company name must include the correct corporate or LLC identifier:
Corporations: "Corporation", "Incorporated" or an abbreviation.
LLCs: "Limited Liability Company" or an abbreviation.
Name Restrictions: A corporate name shall not contain the word "cooperative." LLC: A limited liability company name shall not contain the word or abbreviation "cooperative," "corporation," "corp.," "incorporated," "Inc.," "limited partnership," "L.P.," "LP," "Ltd.," "limited liability partnership," "L.L.P.," "LLP" or "partnership" or any derivation of any of the foregoing.
2. File the correct paperwork with the States filing office.
For Corporations you must file "Articles of Incorporation", for LLCs you must file "Articles of Organization".
3. Hold the "Organizational Meeting" and adopt the companys Bylaws (Corporations) or Operating Agreement (LLCs).
4. Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your company and open a company bank account.
5. Get a local business license from the city (or county) where you will be doing business.
- Checking your company name for availability.
- Preparing and filing the formation paperwork with the appropriate State filing office.
- Preparing your "Organizational Meeting minutes" and Bylaws or Operating Agreement "ready for signature" with step-by-step instructions.
- We can help you obtain your FEIN by preparing the appropriate form (allowing your to obtain your FEIN instantly over the phone once your filing is complete).
- A Startup Checklist for Oregon that includes the remaining steps to properly setup your company with links to all the government agencies in your State. (NOTE: Click here for our basic startup checklist for any State.)
- Our partner, Business Licenses, LLC can assist you with finding, filling and submitting the necessary forms to get your local business license online. Click here to submit your business license online (after youve completed steps 1-4 above).
In Oregon, you can authorize an unlimited number of shares of No Par Value stock.
Annual Report is due 45 days prior or after the date of initial filing.
Annual Report Fee: $50.00