How to Incorporate in Michigan
We can incorporate your company in any State for much less than an attorney and less than our competitors. Since 2001, weve formed thousands of corporations and LLCs for our clients.
5 Steps to Incorporate or Form an LLC in Michigan
1. Make sure your company name choice is available.
Your company name must include the correct corporate or LLC identifier:
Corporations: "Corporation", "Incorporated" or an abbreviation.
LLCs: "Limited Liability Company" or an abbreviation.
Name Restrictions: LLCs shall not contain the word "corporation" or "incorporated" or the abbreviation "corp." or "inc.".
2. File the correct paperwork with the States filing office.
For Corporations you must file "Articles of Incorporation", for LLCs you must file "Articles of Organization".
3. Hold the "Organizational Meeting" and adopt the companys Bylaws (Corporations) or Operating Agreement (LLCs).
4. Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your company and open a company bank account.
5. Get a local business license from the city (or county) where you will be doing business.
MyNewCompany.com can assist you will all the steps above. Our service includes:
In Michigan, you can authorize a Maximum of 60,000 Shares of No Par Value stock to incur the minimum filing and/or Franchise Fee.
Annual Report due May 15th for Corporations, February 15th for LLCs.
Annual Report Fee: $25.00